PADI Open Water Diver course
What You Learn
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Online knowledge development ( E learning) to understand basic principles of scuba diving. This is done in your own time prior to starting your confined water dives. Allow 8-10 hours to complete this.
- Confined water dives to learn basic scuba skills, this is done over 2 days in our indoor heated pool.
- Open water dives to review your skills and explore!
What is included
- Try before you buy! If you are a little nervous or just not sure if diving is for you, book in for a Discover Scuba Session and if following this you book on our Open Water course we will take the cost of this of your course fees.
- 50% discount on your first boat trip with us after certification
- All scuba gear is provided during the course, this includes 7ml wetsuit, hood and gloves if necessary
- All of this comes with a money back guarantee! If after the first day of your pool sessions you decide diving is not for you we will refund your course costs minus the elearning fee of $200
Students as young as 10 years old can participate in this programme, however our experience shows that a more suitable age is 12 years old.
All participants must be able to swim 200 metres non-stop & tread water for 10 minutes unassisted.
A satisfactory RSTC Dive Medical (which requires sign-off from your GP if pre-existing medical conditions are present.) Please complete this medical honestly BEFORE signing up for the course
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you’ll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you’ll make at least five pool dives and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
You don’t have to wait to get going. With PADI eLearning and the PADI Open Water Diver Course Online, you can start right now! The PADI Open Water Diver Course Online lets you learn the background information you need before each dive at your own pace through friendly, interactive learning.
Before booking please review the PADI medical questionnaire at the bottom of this page. Answer the medical questions honestly for your safety and ours. If all answers are No you are fit to dive, if you answer Yes to any of the questions, you will need sign off by a Doctor.
Book and pay online and receive your Padi elearning key emailed to you.
(If our scheduled dates don't work for you or you would like a one on one course please enquire, additional costs will apply)
|June 2020 - fully booked |
Pool 6-7 June
Lake 13-14 June
|June / July 2020|
Pool 27-28 June
Lake 04 July
Boat 05 July
|July / August 2020|
Pool 25-26 July
Lake 1 August
Boat 2 August
Pool 22-23 August
Lake 29 August
Boat 30 August
Pool 19-20 September
Lake 26 September
Boat 27 September